This position is located in the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO), Under Secretary for Management (USM), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) The incumbent serves as a Personnel Psychologist focusing on employee morale and engagement in the Strategic Learning, Development, and Engagement (SLD&E) Division. SLD&E is responsible for strategic initiatives related to DHS-wide training, leader development, education, and employee engagement.Learn more about this agency
As a Personnel Psychologist GS 0180 13/14, your typical work assignments may include:
- Conduct a broad range of personnel psychology studies, data gathering and analysis and related applied research.
- Develop and implement plans to assess employee engagement, satisfaction, and related attitudes.
- Coordinate survey administration and data collection across the agency;
- Conduct complex statistical analyses on survey data;
- Develop theories based on research literature and testing models to understand and predict employee engagement, satisfaction, attrition, and related attitudes and behaviors
- Interpret survey results to develop recommendations for leadership and to inform action planning.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to find and use additional data sources to enrich survey and other study results and to uncover issues and patterns for further investigation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538033500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.