AMENDMENTLearn more about this agency
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0203-07 HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5044000 in SPMD 1310 and is part of the MO Directorate of Manpower and Personnel.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Indefinite Title 5 Excepted Service position.. This is a bargaining unit position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Serves as a final reviewer of actions, which may include but are not limited to: accessions, promotions, transfers, boards, promotion eligibility; retirement eligibility.
- Performs final review on file prior to review and action by a board, action officer, or others and insures that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review have been completed.
- Summarizes salient facts and issues; analyzes case information; outlines options; and recommends appropriate action.
- Researches and obtains all necessary relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended.
- Insures that regulatory requirements related to the specific action are met.
- Identifies gaps or inconsistencies in the record and initiates action or interviews personnel to obtain needed data.
- Drafts or prepares related correspondence for appropriate signature and enters data in automated systems.
- Retrieves data from information sources, both manual and electronic, for use in answering questions, responding to correspondence, or preparing reports or briefings.
- Insures completeness and proper forwarding of records to appropriate board.
- Provides advice and guidance to other personnel on actions in areas of expertise, as well as, advice, instructions, and interpretations, as needed, to lower echelons.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538025600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.