The position of Library Technician is located in the library of the National Wildlife Research Center (NWRC) located in Fort Collins, CO. The library is part of the Information Services Unit (encompassing the Library, Archives, and Internet functions), which provides information resources and services to the NWRC and the Wildlife Services (WS) Program nationwide.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Interlibrary Loans: Responsible for all phases of interlibrary lending and borrowing of materials for the NWRC and WS Operations.
- Reference and Information Customer Services: Responds to information requests that arrive via the phone, by mail, e-mail, or from NWRC patrons.
- Cataloging: Perform original and modified descriptive cataloging and processing of library materials in a variety of formats.
- Database Management: Populate databases creating and maintaining basic metadata using standards such as DublinCore, MARC, EAD, and bibliographic citations.
- Library/Technical Services: Provides technical assistance to the Information Services Unit for accomplishing assigned special projects.
- Responds to requests for information from other libraries by supplying books, monographs, reports, or articles via e-mail, mail, UPS, CLIC Courier or FAX.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work assignments may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538011200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.