About the Position: This is a Supervisory Interdisciplinary, GS-14 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Southwestern Division (SWD), Operations Division located in Dallas, TX.Learn more about this agency
- Work under the general supervision of the Chief, Operations and Regulatory Division and Community of Practice (COP) Programs Directorate.
- Responsible for direct, day-to-day supervision of the Branch to include assigning work to subordinates, providing technical oversight, developing performance plans, rating employee performance, and interviewing candidates for vacant positions.
- Serve as the overall program manager for navigation, hydropower, dredging, locks and dams, channels, flood damage reduction, regulatory, critical project security, asset management, sustainability, water supply, and natural resources management.
- Maintain responsibility for recreation, environmental stewardship and compliance, cultural resources, and land management.
- Serve as primary point of contact on recreation, regulatory, sustainability, boating, and environmental compliance issues related to hydropower, flood risk management, water supply, and the navigation industry.
- Visit navigation, hydropower, flood control, and natural resource projects with district personnel to evaluate the effectiveness of management, operations, and maintenance.
- Inspect operations, including contract and hired-labor activities and fleet repair activities, and recommending additional measures or corrective actions.
- Conduct or direct continuing studies of facilities and industry/public-use and initiate action to amend master plans to fit new or expanded purposes or to provide additional facilities to meet increased demands.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537996800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.