THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0201-09 HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1176000 in SPMD 2250 and is part of the MO HHD 205th Military Police Battalion.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Indefinite Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the administration and personnel policies for the organization.
- Serves as the primary advisor for the command in the areas of legal, medical, and personnel actions.
- Makes decisions based on the commander's guidance and intent in the area of personnel and administrative management.
- Keeps abreast and ensures the implementation of new policy statements, regulations and directives issued by higher headquarters concerning administrative and personnel activities.
- Assists in the preparation for executive command level inspections in the area of personnel and administration.
- Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations relative to proposed MTOE and/or force structure changes to determine the impact on personnel authorizations.
- Reviews legal documentation and provides recommendations for appropriate actions and/or forwarding to higher headquarters.
- Ensures the execution of the command level guidance for implementation for the implementation of the Enlisted Promotion Management System (EPMS).
- Provides assistance and guidance in the preparation of officer promotion packets for required board actions.
- Analyzes the personnel portion of the organizational readiness report and determines critical needs and priorities for the strength management program.
- Provides guidance to staff officers, commanders and full time employees on policy and procedures changes concerning areas of strength management.
- Plans, organizes and assigns work to employees engaged in administrative and personnel work assigned at the command level.
- Prepares requests for filling vacancies to meet workload requirements; participates in the selection of subordinates.
- Establishes performance standards and evaluates employee performance; prepares formal requests and recommendations for promotions, reassignments, etc.
- Receives and resolves or participates in the resolution of grievances, or forwards to higher-level management for resolution.
- Coordinates and assists in developing plans for recruiting and retention within the command.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537847100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.