THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-5801-08 SURFACE MAINTENANCE REPAIRER (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1193000 in SPMD 6021 and is part of the MO Combined Support Maintenance Shop.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Performs limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
- Assists higher graded mechanics in the repair and/or overhaul of major systems such as internal combustion engines, turbine engines, automatic and non-automatic transmissions, heavy duty drive line systems, and hydraulic utility systems and controls.
- Makes routine repairs that can be accomplished by removing, adjusting, or replacing defective or worn parts and components.
- Determines when parts should be cleaned, adjusted or replaced with standard parts to complete work orders.
- Removes, replaces, adjusts, cleans and installs parts and components.
- Performs minor body and fender, or other metal repairs.
- Performs limited repairs and routine maintenance on small arms and accessory equipment by replacing worn or damaged parts.
- Makes minor repairs to canvas and leather items using bonding/sealing compounds and hand tools such as awls, canvas needles etc.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537835500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.