**AMENDED TO ADD HOLTSVILLE, NY LOCATION AND TO BE OPEN HCO-WIDE**
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICE DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST DO? You will serve as a consultant and provide guidance over various personnel/payroll issues. You will be responsible for accomplishing a variety of analytical studies and/or participate in projects relating to mission/oriented programs for the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, you will provide advice, guidance and information on personnel/payroll systems and provide feedback in the evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned programs and systems.As a Human Resource Specialist you will:
- Provide authoritative policy and technical advice or consultation and assistance to all organizations and all levels of management on the full range of personnel/payroll systems products and services.
- Provide assistance and advice in two or more HR Specialties of a wide range of advance HR principles practices techniques and regulations.
- Perform research and analyze the results to develop recommendations to customers through research fact-finding and evaluative techniques.
- Apply automation means to accomplish presentations, data retrieval and to prepare written guidelines and recommendations relating to personnel or payroll projects.
- Apply project management principles and processes to projects and effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations.
- Provide knowledge of analytical and evaluative personnel and payroll methods and techniques to accomplish projects.
- Provide technical assistance on the HR automated information systems’ procedures and applications. Analyze and resolve problems encountered or referred from others within assigned program areas.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537833300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.