THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This is for a WG-2604-10 ELECTRONICS MECHANIC (TITLE 32) National Guard position, Position Description Number D0874000 in SPMD 4740 and is part of the MO TASMG Shop.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and troubleshoots components, assemblies or subassemblies.
- Removes and replaces defective or malfunctioning parts, including transistors, diodes, resistors, capacitors, and switches.
- Modifies equipment in accordance with published Modification Work Orders or Technical Bulletins.
- Troubleshoots aircraft wiring harnesses and connectors and repairs by replacing wires, junction boxes, etc.
- Installs equipment in the aircraft and completes operational tests.
- When designated on NGB Flying Status Orders, serves as member of flight crew for the purpose of diagnosing and recording malfunctions, or otherwise determining maintenance and repair requirements.
- Guides lower level mechanics in the performance of duties.
- Conducts on-the-job training on assigned systems and related support equipment and tasks to include classroom instruction as necessary.
- Processes and accounts for due-in supply assets.
- Ensures that materiel and equipment are properly stored, protected and maintained and that funds are not obligated for materiel or parts without proper justification.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Evaluations (ORE), Command Logistics Readiness Inspections (CLRT-X), and Aviation Resource Management Surveys.
- Equipment functions include transmission, reception, indication, transformation, computation, mixing, amplification, conversion, sweep and pulse generation, timing, and modulation.
- Units repaired include assemblies and subassemblies of UHF and VHF radio sets, VOR navigation radios, automatic direction finder navigation radios, AM and FM radio sets, radio marker beacons, intercommunication sets, control consoles and speakers.
- Units worked on include components, assemblies, and subassemblies of intercommunication sets, control consoles, speakers, stabilization augmentation systems (SAS), and similar electronic and navigation equipment.
- Units worked on include components, assemblies, and subassemblies of UHF and VHF radio sets, VOR navigation radios, automatic direction finder (ADF) navigation radios, AM and FM radio sets, radio marker beacons,
- Repairs, inspects, maintains, modifies, overhauls and installs a variety of avionics electronics equipment of moderate complexity of design, construction, and function.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537832100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.