THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0086-07 SECURITY ASSISTANT (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1113000 in SPMD 1213and is part of the MO G2 Intelligence Directorate.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Temporary vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a non-bargaining position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Receives, reviews, and submits requests for personnel clearances for serviced civilian and military personnel.
- Checks requests for completeness and accuracy and contacts the Security Manager, Supervisor, points of contact at the serviced units, and/or the individual subject of the background/clearance investigation for any corrections that are required.
- Returns forms requiring further documentation or correction.
- Screens local personnel, as well as local police and finance records for disclosed and undisclosed derogatory information, which may have an impact on the career of the subject under investigation.
- Questions the subject for clarification on responses that are considered derogatory.
- Forwards completed form to the appropriate agency for investigation and clearance determination.
- Maintains contact with the agency conducting the investigation as well as the requesting unit in order to keep all apprised of the process or to provide notification of any developing situations.
- Acts as the primary point of contact regarding the status of all pending clearances, current security clearance status, or questions on security clearance procedures.
- Provides input to the supervisor or serviced units, based on regulatory requirements, on possible courses of action as a result of the investigative agency's questions on security issues or the denial of a clearance as a result of the investigation.
- Provides information to the unit serviced or the subject of the investigation as to the appeals process if the investigating agency denies the security clearance.
- Maintains a file for status of pending investigations, current status of all members, as well as periodic reinvestigations for secret and top secret clearances held.
- Checks with the agency performing the investigation for an update on the status of the security clearance in question.
- Notifies the units of individuals requiring reinvestigation and resubmission of documentation.
- Provides reports, as required, for status on pending or current investigations or periodic reinvestigations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537806400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.