THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Public Health Technician, Position Description Number D1723000 and is part of the WY 153rd Medical Group, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to achieve and maintain Force Health Protection through planning, evaluating, and management principles related to epidemiological, operational, and occupational and public health programs. This includes occupational health, hearing conservation, reproductive health, blood borne pathogens exposure control, communicable disease control, immunization, disease vector surveillance, disease/epidemiological surveillance, aircraft inspection, facility sanitation, food safety and vulnerability, health risk assessment, medical intelligence, and operational medicine. The position occupant serves as a member of or advisor to management boards and committees, i.e., Occupational Safety Health Council, Aerospace Medical Council, Force Health Protective Working Group and wing leadership, regarding Force Health Protection.
(1) Manages the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), Air Force Occupational Safety and Health (AFOSH) mandated occupational health education and training programs and Department of Defense Instruction (DODI).
(2) Manages the OSHA and AFOSH mandated occupational health medical surveillance program.
(3) Coordinates OHMEs within the MDG and ensures pre-placement, annual/periodic, and termination examinations are completed.
(4) Studies, analyzes and develops workplace-specific trends by summarizing, interpreting and managing OHME results.
(5) Implements, manages and oversees the Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System-Hearing Conservation (DOEHRS-HC) Hearing Conservation Program (HCP).
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537733800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.