This position is within the Office of Innovative Program Delivery (OIPD) in the Center for Local-Aid Support (CLAS), one of our OIPD component centers dedicated to promoting a culture of innovation among the FHWA and its transportation partners, both public and private. The four centers administer cross-cutting programs that deploy alternative methods of project delivery and workforce development.Learn more about this agency
As a Civil Engineer (Innovative Deployment Specialist), you will:
- Promote new innovation and provides technical transfer for a variety of highway related topics (planning, design, construction and maintenance) for low volume roads.
- Work with FHWA subject matter experts, Division staff, and EDC deployment teams to provide technical assistance new and emerging technologies and foster innovation at the local level.
- Apply engineering expertise to evaluate products, applications and procedures in order to find and assist in the deployment of solutions that address challenges in maintaining low and very low volume roads.
- Maintain regular contact with Office of Federal Lands Highway Divisions as an innovation liaison. Responsible for program management of Every Day Counts within the Office of Federal Lands. Leads the development of work plans and manages bi-annual reporting.
- Participate in oversight activities, such as process reviews and product evaluations; advises on problems and deficiencies, prepares reports and analysis, coordinates corrective actions, manages project agreements, and shares innovative practices, procedures and technologies.
- Maintain a continuing awareness of technology deployment in all functional areas. Provides leadership in the formulation of technology deployment practices at the local level.
- Be responsible for delivering the Innovation Exchange webinars to promote an exchange of ideas and promote adoption of new technology.
- Prepare briefings and talking points for leadership and develops technical briefs and case studies for technology transfer to external local audiences.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an energetic professional that applies forward-thinking leadership in promoting and implement the vision of Transforming Transportation though Innovation. The position requires broad knowledge in the field of transportation, the ability to learn new technical areas quickly and have a keen customer focused orientation and a solution driven mind set. She/he will identify best practices, spot new solutions, collect lessons learned and clearly communicate these insights and stories to stakeholders.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537704700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.