About the Position: Serve as the US Army Environmental Command (USAEC) Geographic Information Officer, lead environmental Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) subject matter expert for USAEC in support of the Installation Management Command. Responsible for performing, monitoring and coordinating GIS efforts with team members within USAEC.Learn more about this agency
- Develop and oversee execution of projects to support geographic data development, mapping, spatial analysis, and analytical tools.
- Provides guidance to US Army Environmental Command (USAEC) and Department of Army (DA) in development of the Army's annual environmental work plan relative to GIS.
- Serve as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for US Army Environmental Command and Global Information System (GIS) projects.
- Use technical expertise in GIS to provide guidance and assistance to the Army Installation Geospatial Information and Services (IGI and S) Program.
- Participate on committees, user working groups, and program management reviews to identify, prioritize, plan, and resource GIS requirements.
- Coordinate environmental geospatial requirements with USAEC Environmental Support Managers (ESMs) to avoid redundancies and increase functionality of installation GIS Programs and projects.
25% or less - Position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of up to 25% of the time
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537478200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.