WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICE DIVISION: The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission
See Other Information for locations
*Amended to Increase Vacancies*Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (HR DEVELOPMENT) DO? As a Human Resources Specialist, you will serve as a consultant and advisor to management on identifying training gaps and performance improvement needs. In this role, you will be responsible for developing programs to align learning and development needs with business objectives and evaluating employee training to ensure individual and business needs are being met.
As a Human Resources Specialist (HR Development) you will:
- Serve as a performance consultant by using state of the art process models to identify, evaluate, and recommend solutions to improve job performance and which support business goals and mission priorities.
- Provide advisory services to all levels of staff concerning basic program policies, regulatory, requirements, and procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate training programs and instructor performance making recommendations to program managers to increase program quality and overall effectiveness.
- Apply tools to evaluate training programs, and analyze the feedback to improve training courses and delivery.
- Study and apply evolving trends, developments, and applications in the employee development and learning field, including e-learning, to ensure that the business unit offers the latest in adult learning.
- Develop guidelines, instructional methods, course materials, training aids, and improved applications of educational technology for use by education specialists, instructors, managers/supervisors, and employees.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537458500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.