About the Position: Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 1 year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will serve as the Senior Engineering Technical Lead for all projects associated with the Coastal Resiliency Program and the Mississippi Coastal Improvement Program (MSCIP).
- Serve as Mobile District's Senior Engineering Technical Lead (ETL) supporting the Coastal Resiliency and Mississippi Coastal Improvement programs.
- Apply engineering knowledge and Civil Works (CW) project experience to plan and coordinate the staffing, scoping, scheduling and budgeting of interdisciplinary efforts by Engineering resources and contractors.
- Facilitate the execution of these efforts within established project delivery milestones by working with teams and managers to prioritize effort, resolve conflicts, and manage risk and change.
- Assure product quality by ensuring quality control activities are planned, accomplished and documented by responsible parties per the agency's CW review policy.
- Coordinate with engineering management and project managers to ensure that design policies and procedures are uniformly implemented.
- Serve as the Mobile District representative to South Atlantic Division (SAD) on all Coastal Resiliency and Mississippi Coastal Improvement Program Quality Assurance processes.
- Work closely with project managers and other District functional team members to formulate acquisition strategies for Coastal Resiliency Program and MSCIP projects in feasibility, design, construction or operation phases.
- Identify and resolves critical project elements with management.
- Coordinate the design efforts of multi-discipline teams in the production of engineering requirements.
- Mentor assigned project teams and other ETLs through coaching, problem solving, interpersonal communication, and group facilitation.
25% or less - Travel may be required for training and/or site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537403600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.