The James A. Haley Hospital (JAH)is recruiting for several Fulltime Emergency Physicians that is well versed in Emergency Medicine (Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine preferred) to provide Direct and Indirect critical care in Tampa VA Hospital . The positions are assigned to the James A. Haley VA Hospital under Ambulatory Care Service. The JAH is affiliated with health care programs at local colleges/universities.Learn more about this agency
Emergency Medicine Physician duties consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for providing primary/critical care for veterans with diverse medical conditions.
- This physician is expected to have expertise in Emergency and Internal Medicine.
- Assure the most effective delivery of care in general internal medicine, while meeting and exceeding compliance standards; consultation, evaluation and treatment to manage various conditions, illnesses, and injuries; request consults, and make recommendations for treatment and/or medication.
- Oversees the administration of medications to patients for whom therapy is indicated.
- Completes medical records in accordance with Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
- Coordinate admissions to the hospital and communicate with attending and residents in a professional manner.
- Responsible for maintaining ACLS and airway management certification as well as competency with basic procedures such as central line placement, joint aspirations and injections, paracentesis.
Work Schedule: Work schedule will be discussed during the interview
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537359900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.