This position is located within the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement (CEPI), Division of Practice Improvement Science and Implementation (DPISI) in Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services in multiple locations through this vacancy announcement.
This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. Please click here for more information on OPM's Authorization of Direct Hire authority"
As a Supervisory Physician, you will be responsible for supervising a professional staff focused on practice transformation and improvement to build the evidence base on how to improve care delivery with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide supervisory leadership and direction for a staff of highly skilled professionals and oversee the activities of personnel and programmatic direction perspectives.
- Represent the Agency on national and international committees, panels, etc., as an authority.
- Cultivate partnerships within AHRQ and other Federal entities; professional, government, and public organizations; quality improvement organizations; health plans; insurers; policy makers; and consumer organizations.
- Conceptualize, plan, execute and disseminate intramural and extramural clinical, health services, and implementation science research.
- Directly responsible for leading the establishment of goals and objectives for the identification, design and implementation of research activities as they pertain to practice and/or systems improvement.
- Lead development of and implement Center policies, objectives and goals to ensure comprehensive and integrated health services research, implementation science and dissemination and implementation projects.
- Lead short- and long-range planning activities for the Division as informed by the Center Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537259500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.