PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
The incumbent serves as a systems administrator in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (FS), Office of Information and Security Services (ISS), Middleware Division (MD), Branch as assigned. Information and Security Services (ISS) delivers and promotes valuable information management solutions that advance business goals and objectives.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Assists Fiscal Service's application developer, network, infrastructure, and platform service personnel in the evaluation of new applications in the integration infrastructure that fall within the bureau's area of responsibility.
- Provides around the clock support for platform as a service (PaaS) on Fiscal Service’s infrastructure as a service. Fiscal Service supported platform as a service includes: solutions for web and n-tier application hosting, including multiple operating system based application servers; solutions for client/server applications; and solutions for distributed file transport services.
- Provides incident/problem management for Fiscal Service supported technologies. This includes the analysis of incidents to identify the cause; determination of the corrective action(s), and the following implementation of those actions; the tracking and reporting of the status of the production support utilizing Fiscal Service's incident/problem/knowledge management system.
- Provides installation, upgrade, and configuration support for Fiscal Service supported technologies. This includes installing new infrastructure middleware (database, web, application server, etc.); installing new applications / upgrading existing applications; updating / adding new configurations in production as necessary to ensure highly available and secure applications within the Fiscal Service IT infrastructure; updating/adding new configurations in production as necessary to respond to new customer requirements in existing production infrastructures; coordinating with other service line / service owner(s) to procure/acquire necessary hardware/software; working with IT security to configure the infrastructure to best protect sensitive data.
- Provides support for the user acceptance testing of new applications that fall within Fiscal Service's area of responsibility.
Occasional travel - 1-5 days a year.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537059400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.