Learn more about this agency
** This vacancy announcement is amended to extend the closing date.
This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons, including Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officers. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and may provide entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.
As the Director the incumbent will:
- Serve as the senior level advisor to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services on all activities related to health/science statistics -the health component of the federal statistical system.
- Provide executive leadership and strategic direction for the planning, development and implementation of all NCHS statistical science programs and policies and providing managerial oversight, through subordinate supervisors, to all staff assigned to NCHS.
- Develop, plan, coordinate and evaluate the varied programs of NCHS including vital statistics, health surveys, and various research projects related to statistical theory and scientific methodology performed by the Center or by other government or nongovernment agencies under reimbursable or contractual arrangements.
- Provide overall executive and scientific direction to the Center's data processing activities which include complex research into questions of systems design and data input
- Exercise leadership to ensure that all programs under his/her direction reflect the principles of work force diversity in their management and operation in such areas as recruitment and staffing, employee development, staff assignments, and communications
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537004300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.