WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON AND DISCLOSURE DIVISION (PGLD)? The Privacy, Governmental Liaison and Disclosure Division (PGLD) is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Program Manager you will be responsible for accomplishing various programs relating to substantive, mission-oriented goals of the Internal Revenue Service. The complex programs involve systems or issues and have impact on multiple IRS locations and/or organizations. In this role you will coordinate with employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service and with individuals and organizations outside the Service. Specifically, you will use your analytical and technical skills to conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact and you will identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the program.Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the program.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of program accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Prepare recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish the program; negotiate with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Plan, coordinate and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of the program mission; as needed, direct the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the program.
- Establish a system to review, control, and report on program status; Monitor program status and adjust work plans for program accomplishment.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; prepare agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the program.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of the program’s plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 01 to 11 Nights Per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536970300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.