PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
Serves as an IT Specialist in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Office of Information and Security Services, User Services Division, End User Services Branch; evaluates, integrates & supports operation & maintenance of desktop hardware & software, mobile computing, equipment acquisition, maintenance, IT security coordination & incident response.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (CUSTSPT), you will:
- Respond to complex end user IT incidents, network issues and service requests, providing appropriate and prompt solutions. Troubleshoot difficult issues, individually, as a team and with the agency's office of Information and Security Services (ISS) staff, to identify variables and possible fixes.
- Support and maintain all personal computer (PC) equipment, printers, digital senders, monitors, laptops and or docking stations, blade server equipment, and specialized equipment used by various offices throughout Fiscal Service; Conduct site preparation surveys of work areas to be connected to a network environment and installs end user hardware, software, and cabling. Work with vendors and contractors to perform specific installation or maintenance tasks in the agency's offices. Ensure the interoperability and continued performance of each installed component. Manage machine designations in Active Directory. Add, remove and modify entries for end user IT systems. Adjust permissions and groups for users listed in the security database.
- Research and review new technology that may be used for the Bureau in providing security and enhancements to the current IT infrastructure.
- Plan projects, report progress, manage and monitor the progress of end user application system testing in test and production environments. Projects include IT system replacement, VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure), operating system migration, application upgrades, etc.
- Provide service and act as knowledge expert for new end user applications and updates to existing applications. Develop methods and procedures for solving maintenance problems on end user systems. Write standard operating procedures for installations and tasks.
Occasional travel - 3-4 times per year.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536967300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.