THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO CLOSE ON JULY 12, 2019.Learn more about this agency
Who May Apply: All US Citizens
Positions are located in I&T Directorate; I&T Shared Services; Database Administration Support - OH. This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Serve as a Database Administrator to perform database management in a Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle environment.
- Provides authoritative database administrative guidance. Conduct analysis of database changes and technical proposals to ensure optimal performance.
- Maintains, monitors, performance tunes, and provides backup and recovery support of databases using Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle experience.
- Ensures application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
- Analyzes and plans for anticipated changes in data capacity and performance requirements.
- Installs, configures, and maintains large database management systems software.
- Reviews production operations to identify, diagnose, and correct production processing problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536861200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.