DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled using Direct-Hire Authority (5 CFR 337.201) for this occupation. This announcement establishes an open continuous announcement of eligible applicants to be considered for this position. This announcement will be close once all vacancies have been filled. The What Happens Next area of the announcement provides additional information on the referral process for this type of announcement.Learn more about this agency
This General Engineer position is located in the office of Facilities Management and Engineering Services at the James A. Haley Veteran's Hospital located in Tampa, Florida. The incumbent functions as a Project Manager on various Capital Improvement Construction Projects in a HealthCare Facility. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writes and edits specifications for mechanical equipment, electronic/electrical equipment and systems redesign.
- Writes the scope of work and the general requirements for architect/engineer contracts.
- Inspects work progress during the construction phase, ensuring proper methods and material are being used.
- Resolves design error or differing site conditions by evaluating the problem and applying sound engineering judgment to make any necessary changes.
- Prepares input data, assists in prioritization and finalizing items for the Five-Year Facility Development Plan.
- Serves as technical resource person to internal staff and other services.
- Assists indirect cost negotiations with contractors when requested by the Contracting Officer.
- Investigates floor loading capacities, electrical power, and cooling requirements for new equipment.
- Assists Contracting Officers in evaluating cost proposals from design firms.
Position Description Title/PD#: General Engineer/ 673-06174-A/04186-O
Recruitment Incentives: Authorized for highly qualified candidate
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536744900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.