Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
The pay band NH-03 includes the General Schedule grade equivalent to GS-12/13.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities
- Serves as a senior professional engineer in a Contract Management Office.
- Ensures its personnel are trained in accordance with engineering surveillance competency certification requirements; and conducts internal control reviews to ensure the effectiveness of surveillance activities within the CMO.
- Implements agency policy and provides expert engineering support; conducts engineering surveillance analysis including new, innovative applications/developments.
- Conducts Contract Receipt and Review (CRR) functions related to contract cost, schedule and performance for buying activities and DCMA elements
- Provides expert technical advice/consultation in relation to Independent Research and Development Bid and Proposal expenses, first article inspections, production, plant layout, manufacturing processes and techniques, and contract schedule changes
- Analyzes trends in performance indicator scores to assist the CE with managing Agency level performance indicators, recommending corrective action, establishing lessons learned, and influencing the improvement of contractor processes.
- Brings controversial information or unusual findings to the attention of the CE. Prepares, provides, and evaluates documentation regarding specific, unique engineering and manufacturing questions requiring resolution
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 20 percent of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536738100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.