WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITOL OFFICE (HCO) DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (SENIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR)DO? As a Human Resource Specialist, you will serve as a Servicewide Leave Bank (LB) Coordinator within the Leave Sharing Program (LSP) in the Worklife, Recognition and Leave Sharing Branch. You will be the subject matter expert on LSP/LB processes, regulations and procedures. You will provide expert technical advice, assistance, and related services to managers and employees throughout the IRS.
As a HR Specialist (Senior Program Coordinator), you will:
- Define the overall goals and objectives of the program with managers and executives within the Service.
- Develop and maintain a proficient level of expertise, skills, and knowledge. Deal with others as needed to promote effectiveness and productivity.
- Serve as an analyst for the program area, providing assistance and advice. Initiate contacts and works with others.
- Design and re-design written documentation, charts, and reports to meet program needs.
- Establish a system to schedule, review, control, and report on program status.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them.
- Perform extensive research and fact-finding; analyze results and the application of appropriate regulations, policies, and standards in order to develop recommendations for high-level management.
- Coordinate the effect of the program on employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1 to 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536716400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.