WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENTDIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See "Other Information" for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A COMPUTER ASSISTANT DO? As a Computer Assistant, you will serve as a system administrator, security officer and reviewer for various IRS applications used by Submission Processing. In this role, you will be involved in the coordination, control and direct operational support for computer systems. You will enter contract terms and perform receipt and acceptance procedures for various local locator service contracts.
As a Computer Assistant you will:
- Serves as System Security Officer/System Administrator for Receipt and Control (RCO) monitoring and coordinating all system operations between system vendor, contractor, HQ MITS Services and the Operational areas
- Reviews and approves requests for access to applications on the OL5081 system.
- Creates user accounts, sets appropriate access rights,
- Conducts analysis/maintenance of user profiles and provides user support on an ongoing basis.
- Provides new and refresher training to users as necessary.
- Coordinates systems critical to the success of tax return processing, timely deposit of payments, and E-File (ELF) processing. These systems include, but may not be limited to, Integrated Submission and Remittance Processing System (ISRP), Remittance Processing System (RPS), and ELF System, may also include Service Center Recognition Input (SCRIPS) System.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by users, elevating issues to other team members, systems analysts or IT as necessary.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536707200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.