The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (INFORMATION SYSTEMS) DO? As a Senior Human Resource Specialist (Information Systems) in the Human Capital Organization, Employment, Talent and Security Division, Jobs Online Business Solutions, you are responsible for setting the overall agency strategy for human resources management, aligning that strategy with the mission of the IRS, and designing high performance Human Resources (HR) systems that work within and across all IRS business divisions. You are a technical expert responsible for devising human resources management (HRM) strategies and programs for Servicewide application. Using a mastery of HR principles, concepts, practices, laws, and regulations and consultative skills, you will align those strategies and programs, with the mission of the IRS, across all IRS business divisions. You may lead local or national level projects relative to the design and/or deployment of HR programs and initiatives. Serve as a lead or principal team member in planning, organizing, and directing team efforts in conducting major evaluations of IRS performance management programs and other comparable studies. Research, identify, and develop criteria and procedures to conduct program evaluations and to measure program accomplishment. In addition, you can expect to be involved in resolving highly complex, controversial, and challenging issues, and to work with multi-year plans, new cutting-edge technologies, and issues that impact HR Servicewide. In this role, you may lead local or national level projects relative to the design and/or deployment of HR systems that involve web-based applications. Your expertise in Human Resources and Hiring Systems technologies will be utilized daily to support the Service in moving to a fully automated environment for the future.
WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICEDIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
As a Senior Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems) in Jobs Online Business Solution you will:
- Provide technical and administrative oversight to other lower-graded staff members assigned.
- Implement programs or projects involving HR systems or technology products that impact employees Servicewide
- Interface with IT to ensure requirements and standards are met in the development, implementation and/or integration of HR systems products within the IRS enterprise technology infrastructure
- Manage Human Capital Internet and systems development projects from design to support
- Integrate current stand alone products with new Human Capital systems
- Evaluate the effectiveness of installed Human Capital systems and services through data analysis
- Provide advice on and devising solutions to a wide range of Human Capital technology issues
- Provide consultation services to various Human Capital divisions in the development of technological solutions
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Travel Nights per Month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536704800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.