WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See "Other Information" for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A QUALITY ANALYST DO? A quality analyst serves as a Quality Reviewer who performs and unbiased, consistent, and accurate review of all assigned work. In this role, you will be responsible for performing technical quality review of employee staff work involving customer contact by paper or phone. You will be required to evaluate this work based on accuracy and customer impact, adherence to regulation and procedure, and professionalism. You will also be required to identify emerging issues and elevate procedural conflicts or inaccuracies.
As a Quality Analyst you will:
- Monitor telephone calls and/or review paper cases, evaluate the effectiveness of contacts/paper cases, independently determine functions requiring additional review and forward those recommendations to the PAS Manager.
- Conduct review of work processes, programs, studies of workflow, etc. to achieve the objectives outlined by the Manager, PAS, Compliance, or the Quality Assurance Program Manager.
- Use monitors, review cases, programs, work process or workflow studies to prepare reports summarizing activities and identifying quality problem areas and recommend solutions for problems.
- Use quality information as well as local diagnostic reports to identify trends affecting quality.
- Make presentations and brief the PAS or Compliance Program Manager concerning program problems, and seek management approval and cooperation in implementing quality enhancement activities.
- Brief the Manager, Compliance, and PAS Manager on tax law and procedural topics that need special attention based on identified trends, deficiencies, and forecasts of upcoming taxpayer needs
- Develop innovative ideas to promote quality within the SB/SE and W&I operation.
- Provide input on changes in methods, procedures and techniques to improve baseline measures and Employee/organizational efficiency for assigned functions.
- Analyze the impact of the formal compliance training program on quality of work and work products.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536658500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.