The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
What does Mail Processing Equipment Operator do? Mail Processing Equipment Operators are responsible for operating equipment to package material for distribution where you will independently carry out routine, recurring work assignments and refer deviations, problems, or unfamiliar situations. The work involves operating a variety of equipment where at least one performs multiple functions. The completed work affects the accuracy of further processes performed by related personnel in various organizations and the service to taxpayers.
As a Mail Processing Equipment Operator you will:
- Set-up, monitor, operate, and adjust a number of and various types of equipment or machines (e.g., carousel, burster, meter, labeler, inkjet, printer, folder, tabber, inseter, strapper, etc.)
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance and minor repairs.
- Diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions and operating problems.
- Maintain production records and generate management information reports.
- Train others in the use of equipment.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536625000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.