The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See "Other Information" for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SECURITY GUARD (MONITOR) DO? As a Security Guard (Monitor), you will perform a variety of duties in the Receipt and Control Branch with the primary responsibility of enforcing service center and branch security guidelines.
As a Security Guard (Monitor) you will:
- Serve as a security monitor at a stationary desk within the Receipt and Control Branch to provide security of property, personnel, and tax information in accordance with IRS security procedures.
- Immediately report any security-related violation or incident in the area.
- Control the security logs and ensures entries are complete and accurate.
- Question suspicious persons or persons without proper identification. Deny access to any unauthorized personnel.
- Prepare written report of any incident or condition occurring during their tour of duty.
- Observe items being brought into or removed from the branch to ensure the person has the proper authorization to have the item in their possession.
- Maintain continued surveillance over the branch entrance, noting the movement of persons entering and exiting the branch at all times.
- In situations where property or personnel are threatened, contact management to seek immediate guidance and direction. In certain situations may have to call the security guards for assistance.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536614900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.