WHAT IS THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & SECURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION: FMSS customers are IRS employees – FMSS identifies and delivers value-added, cost efficient, shared service solutions, that facilitate the success of the IRS mission including, but not limited to, real estate and portfolio solutions, building infrastructure and facilities management, security services, employee credentialing, environmental health and safety and incident management.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST DO? As a Physical Security Specialist you will be required to frequently access classified information at the Top Secret level. You will be responsible for accessing various studies, projects, and work assignments relating to the implementation, administration, and evaluation of the IRS emergency management and physical security programs ensuring the protection of employees, assets, operations, and information. You will make use of policy and technical knowledge in completing work assignments and projects. In this role, you will pro-actively identify program needs and independently initiate and perform a wide range of emergency management and physical security activities and projects.
As a Physical Security Specialist you will:
- Analyze, Implement and maintain emergency management and the physical security safeguards for IRS employees, operations and information.
- Develop physical security policies, standards and procedures and provide technical guidance designed to protect Service personnel, facilities, property and other assets.
- Advise on complex security matters in order to resolve questions pertaining to appropriate cost-effective security measures, threats, conflicting requirements, budget/resources, and strategies for integrating appropriate security.
- Conduct safeguard reviews of state and local agencies and lock box reviews of banks ensuring they are complying with security policies safeguarding IRS data and federal taxpayer data and documents.
- Interpret national security directives for their relation to the security and emergency preparedness programs and formulate broad policy directions regarding the implementation of these directives.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate complex emergency management and physical security projects including risk assessments, compliance reviews, identification media, maintenance service contracts, emergency management plans, and responses to incidents. Perform first responder functions, Incident Management, and other critical operational and emergency planning duties requiring access to sensitive security information and participation in classified conferences and meetings.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536577400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.