This is a Senior Executive Service position located within FEMA's Mission Support Bureau, in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The Deputy Chief Information Officer reports directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and assists in the design, development, operation, maintenance and integration of a complete range of information systems for supporting the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) mission.Learn more about this agency
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides enterprise IT services that are vital to carrying out FEMA’s mission both for employees and disaster survivors and defines the IT vision and strategy for FEMA. The incumbent works closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Procurement Officer (CPO), and is responsible for participating in the coordination and integration of policies, guidelines, procedures and activities to ensure effective, efficient and economical information management planning, acquisition, and management in support of FEMA mission and objectives.
Key duties and responsibilities of the incumbent include the following:
- Assists the CIO in the technical oversight of FEMA IT investments and provide support to individual system development activities, while leading the development of FEMA agency-wide (enterprise) systems.
- Directs and manages the formulation, administrative control, and management processes for information technology investment decisions, including processes for maximizing the value and managing the risk of IT acquisition and implementation.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the OCIO's budget, capital planning, requirements, and performance-based measurement of IT investments.
- Assists the CIO in centrally managing and guiding the development of new and improved systems from concept development through acquisition, test, and implementation.
- Evaluates and determines appropriate IT resources required for effectively supporting project management requirements.
- Assists and acts for the CIO helping to ensure systems are operational and capable of providing the full range of information systems services to support FEMA programs for emergency operations, damage assessment, resource analysis, economic analysis, and protection of life and property in natural and man-made disasters.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536566000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.