The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
See “Other Information” for Locations.
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (SENIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR)DO? As a Human Resource Specialist, you will serve as a Servicewide coordinator within the Human Capital Office, Work-life Benefits and Performance (WBP), Benefits and Services Team. You will be the subject matter expert on processes, regulations and procedures related to retirement, disability retirements, death of employees, death of dependent, life and health insurance programs, and the Thrift Savings Plan Program. You will provide expert technical advice, assistance, and related services to managers and employees throughout the Internal Revenue Service
As a Human Resources Specialist (Senior Program Coordinator), you will:
- Define the overall goals and objectives of the retirement and benefits programs with managers and executives within the Service.
- Develop and maintain a proficient level of expertise, skills, and knowledge. Deal with others as needed to promote effectiveness and productivity.
- Serve as an analyst for the program area, providing assistance and advice. Initiate contacts and works with others.
- Design and re-design written documentation, charts, and reports to meet program needs.
- Establish a system to schedule, review, control, and report on program status.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determines how to resolve them.
- Perform extensive research and fact-finding; analyze results and the application of appropriate regulations, policies, and standards in order to develop recommendations for high-level management.
- Coordinate the effect of the program on employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536559800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.