WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENTDIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See "Other Information" for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST DO? A Supply Management Specialist oversees supply program management, order fulfillment, procurement, mail management, traffic management, and data processing operations in support of distribution activities. In this role, you will plan workflow by slotting products individually or in combination with others, determining the most efficient lines, and identifying order fulfillment capacity. You may also be responsible for quality assurance and management of the distribution center.
As a Supply Management Specialist you will:
- Participate in monitoring, evaluating and critiquing performance of vendors and contractors including conducting audits, certifying payment of invoices, and provide guidance to IRS Finance Center to assuring compliance with prompt payment requirements.
- Oversee the implementation of actions involving requirements determination, acquisition and distribution of inventory, managing inventory accountability systems, and assuring that inventory is in place where and when needed.
- Conduct surveys and studies of operations to determine proper distribution patterns and methods of distributing tax forms to the public.
- Assist in the development of new systems by providing design specifications, and providing guidance on implementation of new systems, reviewing data processing systems that support inventory and distribution programs, and documenting additions, changes, or deletions.
- Develop solutions to routine program problems and make recommendations for improvement based on technical analysis and evaluations on operations, programs, automated systems, methods, or procedures.
- Prepare and provide data for program responsibilities production section of weekly Order Processing Report while also providing technical guidance to lower graded staff members on designated matters to ensure compliance with priorities.
- Perform analysis and testing on a variety of established techniques and methods to evaluate order fulfillment alternatives, and recommend changes to improve order fulfillment efficiency.
- Evaluate storage and distribution systems for potential introduction of automated controls and systems of data flow and reports.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536531700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.