WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENTDIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See "Other Information" for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SENIOR DISTRIBUTION ANALYST DO? A distribution analyst serves as an overseer of distribution activities including supply program management, procurement, mail management, and data processing functions performed in support of distribution activities. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of distribution and quality analyst activities. You will also be required to perform administrative duties include developing the government’s Quality Assurance Plan (QASP) and reviewing the Service Provider’s (SP) performance and compliance with the requirements of the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
As a Senior Distribution Analyst you will:
- Provide technical advice, guidance, and assistance on distribution operations and quality improvement to various agency personnel while exercising appropriate judgment in determining when to notify the SP project manager, government program manager, and contracting officer of errors and problems.
- Monitor, review, and evaluate operations regarding the SP quality assurance plan, workflow, production capacity, and systemic capability and identify potential problems providing recommendations to higher level analysts or supervisor.
- Verify completeness of controls to ensure accuracy and compliance with established procedures, guidelines, and formats and also revise procedures, guidelines, and controls as a result of changes in higher-level procedures or as instructed by analysts or manager.
- Assist in the development of new systems by providing guidance on implementation of new systems, reviewing data processing systems that support inventory, quality, and distribution programs, and documenting additions, changes, or deletions.
- Conduct complex surveys and studies of operations to determine proper distribution patterns and methods of distributing tax forms to the public.
- Perform inspections, reviewing completed work, monitoring telephone calls, researching a variety of issues, gathering statistics and information, and produce findings in prepared preliminary reports and charts showing findings and recommendations.
- Aid in the development and installation of financial, quality, or other management control programs for distribution operations, for the purpose of identifying, measuring, and analyzing contractor processes in relation to contractual requirement to determine adequacy and reliability.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex distribution problems and participates in making recommendations for improvement based on effective analysis and by adapting existing and applying evolving technology.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536531300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.