WHAT IS THE RESEARCH, APPLIED ANALYTICS AND STATISTICS DIVISION (RAAS)? The Research, Applied Analytics and Statistics (RAAS) anticipates and meets customers’ needs by providing leading research, analytical, statistical, and technology services. RAAS provides an intellectually challenging and supportive environment for our employees.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST DO? As an Operations Research Analyst you will be responsible for developing operations research studies and projects dealing with activities that affect programs and policies. In this position, you will give emphasis to developmental research, as distinct from the types of research to be performed by the functions that focus on operational problems of shorter duration. In addition, you will serve as a specialist and team leader on study teams, with responsibility for any of the major phases of a complex study of broad and varied operations or programs.
As an Operations Research Analyst you will:
- Lead complex studies and define problems involved, formulate overall concepts, evaluating findings and recommending solutions.
- Oversee the selection and application of mathematics, economics, econometrics and statistics appropriate to solving operations research problems.
- Conduct operation research identifying the probable causes of cost/workload variances and procedures.
- Ensure that project and study teams use appropriate operations research and analytical techniques.
- Describe and document the analyses of research studies and projects and the general sharing of information of overall staff efforts, using effective oral and written communications.
- Identify mathematical applications to improve existing programs; determining the types of data to be collected, formulating study methodologies, assisting functional activities in the implementation of operational segments and analyzing data.
- Provide technical guidance and coordinate efforts involved in carrying out various aspects of assignments, the design of samples and experiments, and design of evaluation and program monitoring techniques.
- Monitor, evaluate and document the results of project studies and prepare final recommendations.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Nights Per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536505900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.