------RECRUITMENT OR RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE------Learn more about this agency
This Physician-Cardiologist position is located at VA Central Iowa Health Care System in Des Moines, Iowa. The Cardiologist will provide consultation services and follow up of medical subspecialty patients in his or her designated field, in the inpatient or outpatient setting. They will work collaboratively with hospitalists, mid-level providers, and other team members for patient focused care.
VA Central Iowa is seeking a full-time Cardiologist who is Board Certified or eligible.
Common duties of the position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide comprehensive cardiac services, echocardiography, stress echocardiograms, TEE and diagnostic cardiac catheterizations.
- Consult and treat Veterans while also performing stress test procedures (nuclear, chemical and routine treadmill) and echocardiography readings, Holter monitor, and EKG interpretations.
- Provides education and counseling of Veterans and families in preventive care, medical conditions, and use of prescribed treatments and drugs.
- Establish professional working relationship with clinical service providers within the medical center, Outpatient Clinics (OPCs), and the Community Base Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), providing telephone and curbside consultation as needed and screening consults that are received for appropriateness prior to scheduling.
- Staff Cardiologists are ultimately responsible for the oversight of all aspects of cardiac medical care delivered to patients under their care.
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing inpatient and outpatient care.
- The incumbent will provide residency and medical student teaching.
- The candidate must be willing to be on call and work weekends and irregular hours.
Work Schedule: Typically Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536485700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.