This position is located in the Office of Administrative Management, Office of the Director, NIDCR. Provides leadership, direction, planning, and coordination of administrative management activities, including the areas of financial management, acquisition management, management analysis, human-resources activities, information technology and general administration.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as principal advisor on all administrative management matters associated with programs and operations. Develop and advise on administrative requirements for a complex organization and actively participate in developing and implementing administrative management policies.
- Define goals to be met on major program issues, recommend a course of action, and implement the alternative policies chosen for various administrative areas of the organization, such as budget and fiscal management, supply, service and equipment procurement, personnel and workforce utilization, contract negotiation, construction and renovation, or space utilization.
- Plan, develop, formulate, prepare, execute, monitor, and/or forecast organizational budgets.
- Advise program managers regarding budgetary concerns such as projected shortfalls or unanticipated financial needs. Provide advice regarding significant deviations from original plan.
- Analyze financial and budget control statements to advise management on the status of funds. Assist in the review of analyzing budgets for each object class, appropriate allotments, and use of allocated funds in conformance with regulations.
- Provides administrative support for organizational procurement and contracting by providing, securing and/or negotiating for the resources or services needed to manage and run an organization.
- Coordinate human resources actions and advise staff on human resources regulations, procedures and policies relative to Federal employees and contract personnel; and provides advice and oversight for applicable Human Resources services and/or functions.
- Serve as the point of contact for problems and inquiries related to the space that employees occupy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536485100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.