The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TECHNICAL ADVISOR DO? The incumbent provides assistance to Managers, Directors and office Chiefs covering the full range of processing, adjustments and computational issues including those affecting returns and cases representing all significant divisional work streams. The incumbent is responsible for and provides coordination for the Operations, Departments, groups, site and HQ covering the full range of needs and issues.
As a Technical Advisor you will:
- Assists managers to develop and execute the operational plan for effective resource deployment across teams;
- Significant involvement in formulating and effectuating the organizations policies and procedures, including managerial recommendations and dispositions on contractual negotiations, grievances, and related labor management activities;
- Ensures that taxpayers rights are upheld and the application of tax law is both consistent and proper.
- Analyzes and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of the organizations processing of programs, operations, and accomplishments area-wide/nationwide, apprising the manager of critical items.
- Provides direction and guidance for program continuity, transition, policy formulation and implementation.
- Identifies procedural and systemic problems and provides evaluative comments to the manager addressing the performance of the operations systems, policies, processes and personnel.
- Resolves the most complex issues/inquiries, citing applicable tax laws when necessary, and determining the methods, techniques or customer actions used/needed to resolve the most challenging and sensitive matters.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536455100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.