WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION: The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN DO? As an Accounting Technician you will be responsible for a wide range of duties crucial to the effective operation of the Accounting Controls/Service Operations. These duties range from examination, recordation, verification, control, balancing, adjusting, and maintenance of the full range of accounting data.
As an Accounting Technician:
- Ensure the control and balance of daily computer-generated listings cover electronic payments
- Identify and make recommendations for program or operational improvements.
- Provide technical assistance on program operations such as establishment and maintenance of new general ledger accounts and control registers used to collect data for reports.
- Prepare and submit accountability reports.
- Resolve all unbalanced conditions in accounts.
- Act on problem resolution requests including payment tracer cases.
- Assist in efforts to develop and maintain a process for business resumption should current operations be significantly interrupted.
- Perform Quality Review of work performed by employees in Accounting's EFTIPS team and other accounting areas.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536454300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.