WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVETMENT DIVISION: The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN AUTOMATED EXAMINATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST DO? An Automated Examination Systems Specialist is an advisor and coordinator ensuring the integrity of the examination functions including the automated inventory system, Private Debt Collection (PDC) inventory system and the system's responsiveness to the needs of operations providing accurate and timely inventory records, managing case assignments, and assessing cycle time and work distribution. In this role, you will be required to track the effectiveness of various systems including the Report Generating System (RGS), RGS Batch Systems, and Audit Inventory Management System (AIMS). You will also be responsible for interpreting data, resolving reject situations, and assisting management and coworkers in obtaining solutions.
As an Automated Examination Systems Specialist you will:
- Advise management on problems that impact employees, work processes, and program goals ensuring that all appropriate listings (RGS reject and AIMS listings) are timely researched and resolved.
- Maintain reports tracking inventory and using knowledge of the work processes and systems establish priorities which include statutes, case assignment sorts, overage, and rejects.
- Identify error trends and barriers in AIMS, CEAS, CACS G, and RGS requiring training and guidance as well as assist with the development of basic and refresher training for the inventory systems.
- Review the Internal Revenue Manual (IRM) and Operation Manager directed listings including Reject Registers, Error Registers, and Unpostables to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Respond to inquiries, research, and transfer requests from multiple sources outside the Examination Operations utilizing contacts including other campuses, Accounts Management, Area Offices, Taxpayer Advocate, Development Center, and Headquarters.
- Analyze and research Master File, Integrated Data Retrieval System (IDRS), and AIMS to resolve system problems making use of available tools (i.e., SSIVL, RGS Batch, GII) to ensure that all cases are updated and maintained correctly ensuring the systems run timely.
- Resolve complex processing problems and identify local AIMS, RGS, CEAS and similar inventory management systems problems developing procedures and guidelines for employees.
- Develop action plans to coordinate and schedule inventory validation or reconciliation, local training related to AIMS, RGS, PDC, or CEAS, and operational reviews for related system functions.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536437500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.