Serves as a Team Leader for the Emergency Response Branch, Division of Laboratory Sciences (DLS), National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH), Deputy Director for Non-Infectious Diseases (DDNID), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Research Chemist you will:
- Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects, and provide or arrange for specific administrative or technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
- Maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant background documents and make available policies, procedures and written instructions from the supervisor; maintain current knowledge to answer questions from team members on procedures, policies, directives, etc.
- Estimate and report to the team on progress in meeting established milestones and deadlines for completion of assignments, projects and tasks, and ensure that all team members are aware of and participate in planning for achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Research, learn and apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve team effectiveness, efficiency and work products.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. 5% Domestic 5% International
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536326600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.