----------RECRUITMENT OR RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY APPLY FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES----------Learn more about this agency
This Physician-Dermatologist position is located at the VA Central Iowa Health Care System Center in Des Moines, Iowa. The Dermatologist will provide consultation, both surgical and non-surgical, and follow up services for dermatology patients, in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
Common duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Physician provides consultation, surgical and non-surgical, and follow up services for dermatology patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Primary duties include assessing, consulting, ordering appropriate diagnostic studies, performing surgical and non-surgical dermatology procedures, for treating patients with dermatological diseases who present for care at the facility.
- Example dermatology testing procedures include: biopsies, including punch, shave, and excision biopsy; microbiological culture; skin allergy patch testing; Wood's lamp examination; cryotherapy; curettage; cyst excision; electrodesiccation; phototherapy; and skin tag removal, all examples of methods used to destruct, remove, or treat skin for a wide variety of diseases and conditions.
- Physicians may be assigned duty as a supervising or collaborating physician for a mid-level provider. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and review.
- Your care team also includes many other physician and non-physician providers, i.e. clinical and pain management pharmacists, dieticians, laboratory and pathology staff and providers, clerical staff, and other medicine subspecialists and ancillary staff.
Work Schedule: Typically Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536322800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.