The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TECHNICAL ADVISOR DO? A Technical Advisor serves as a staff advisor and liaison between management and appropriate support functions on all matters pertaining to administrative and management issues. They participate in planning and coordinating programs, projects, or processes which impact functional customers in the areas of recruitment, human resources technology, facilities, financial management and security.
As a Technical Advisor you will:
- Manage internal administrative assignments.
- Monitor activities to ensure timeliness, consistency and completeness.
- Review responses, reports, and memoranda to develop consolidated responses on behalf of the organization.
- Perform special studies and research projects or assignments, which require confidentiality and application of expertise and mature judgment.
- Assess the need for and establish and/or adapt administrative procedures and practices to be used in highly unusual situations requiring deviation from standard administrative procedures.
- Keep the supervisor advised of developments and progress concerning problems and follow up with the responsible official to expedite necessary action and final settlement of the issues.
- Personally review all important incoming and outgoing correspondence, coordinating routing and the control of notes and suggestions concerning the subject matter involved before referral to the supervisor.
- Advise manager on required personnel actions, performs delegated duties as assigned, supports and manages multiple administrative processes.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536314900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.