The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHAT DOES AN IT PROGRAM MANAGER DO? As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing a wide variety of IT projects to support our Business customers. In addition to developing strategies, planning, and execution of project management principles, methods, and tools, this individual will be hands-on in the day-to-day execution of all aspects of the project and program. This includes making key decisions, leading projects and teams, and being customer-service oriented with great interpersonal skills to deliver the projects and program to success.
As an IT Program Manager you will:
- Plan, lead, coordinate, communicate, integrate, evaluate, and ensure success of the information technology (IT) program
- Work includes project selection, prioritization, evaluation and monitoring, cost schedule management, risk management, quality management, and resource allocations.
- Manages all planning, marketing, budget development and execution, customer support, acquisition, and contractual activities
- Oversees methods, and techniques of IT assessment, planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation such as functional analysis, contingency planning, and disaster recovery.
- Manages the integration of IT subsystems; develops information systems testing strategies, plans, or scenarios; and identifies standards/requirements for infrastructure configuration.
- Manages the development or implementation of IT plans and procedures, and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
- Provides guidance and direction on program level acquisition management strategies
- Contributes to the Service’s IT strategic management in terms of formulating and executing policy, developing long-range objectives
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel 1 to 5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536308900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.