WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITOL OFFICE (HCO) DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Management and Program Analyst, you will serve as a staff program analyst, evaluator, and advisor to management. In this position, you will be responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and/or improving the effectiveness of administrative operations and/or operating programs. Responsible for leading special projects.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Meet with front-line and senior managers to define the overall goals and objectives for groups or organization level program areas.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of group or organizational program data, requirements, and impact; identifies problem areas and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Establish and maintain a system to review, control, and report on project case status issues to evaluate the effectiveness of the program. Conducts in-depth analysis of data and identifies problem areas; determines how to resolve them or to improve current policies and procedures.
- Assist the Group Manager in monitoring program resources and workload in order to meet goals and objectives. As needed, recommends adjustment of workload based on internal and external factors such as OPM (Office of Personnel Management) investigation requirements, overall staffing, and seasonal work volume.
- Develop group-level policy and procedures, and formalizes documentation on behalf of the Group Manager. Conducts briefings and prepares comprehensive reports to keep managers advised of program plans and status, and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Function as the resident expert relating to all aspects of group-level program planning, execution, and implementation.
- Lead project teams where the primary impact of the initiative is within the immediate organization. Participates on or assists with leading cross-functional team projects where the impact extends beyond the organizations and affects multiple program areas.
- Serve as Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on Personnel Security contracts and performs all duties associated with COR responsibilities.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1 to 5 nights per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536305900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.