Incumbent performs research and functions as a team leader over a team comprised of health professionals/statisticians and contractors engaged in basic and applied research in disclosure avoidance in the design of survey methodology for and/or related to the statistical science behind the collection, analysis and dissemination of health-related data.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Statistician (Health) (Direct Hire), you will:
- Serve as a Team Leader over a team of statisticians and other scientific professionals.
- Plan and design research projects assessing the potential use of innovative methods and techniques in disclosure avoidance in epidemiological analysis using health-related surveys and data and/or in statistical analysis and statistical disclosure limitation for health-related surveys.
- Identify significant issues and recurring problems impacting on the validation and analysis of health data that impact confidentiality of the subject and respondents.
- Collaborate with other researchers within and outside of NCHS in developing research plans used to conduct basic and applied research while maintaining confidentiality of subjects and respondents.
- Keep abreast of research activities carried out by other organizations, to identify appropriate opportunities for collaboration and partnership, and to assess the practicality of improving and adopting novel disclosure avoidance techniques and schemes.
- Prepare research reports and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed professional journals.
- Serve as a technical advisor and consultant in incorporating recent developments in understanding the impacts of disclosure avoidance in the development and design of surveys and the analysis of survey data through the application of research findings and state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Collaborate and consult with professionals outside of NCHS in the development and use of methodologies for disclosure limitation and/or statistical disclosure limitation methodologies for the analysis of health-related data, and represent NCHS in external research efforts.
- Represent the Office and Center at professional meetings and conferences, to present research findings and to participate in panel discussions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel domestically 5% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536292600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.