WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED DIVISION? The (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 millions self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers. SB/SE taxpayers generally have higher incomes than most taxpayers, need to file twice as many tax forms, and generally need to rely more on paid tax preparers and the taxpayer education outreach activities of the IRS.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as a staff analyst, evaluator, and advisor to management. In this position, you will be responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and/or improving the effectiveness of administrative operations and/or operating programs.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Develop and interpret guidance on program planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Prepare directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, legislative proposals, and other written guidelines to introduce new initiatives.
- Recommend effective operations consistent with policies and objectives.
- Develop long-range program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones.
- Identify ways to resolve or address issues which directly affect the accomplishment of principal program goals and objectives.
- Research new or improved business and management practices for application to operating and administrative programs.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel locally and/or overnight 1-5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536287600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.