WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See "Other Information" for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TECHNICAL ADVISOR DO? The incumbent provides assistance to Managers, Directors and office Chiefs covering the full range of processing, adjustments and computational issues including those affecting returns and cases representing all significant divisional work streams. The incumbent is responsible for and provides coordination for the Operations, Departments, groups, site and HQ covering the full range of needs and issues.
As a Technical Advisor you will:
- Assists managers to develop and execute the operational plan for effective resource deployment across teams;
- Has involvement in formulating and effectuating the organizations policies and procedures;
- Ensures that taxpayer’s rights are upheld and the application of tax law is both consistent and proper;
- Analyzes and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of the local organization’s processing of programs, operations, and accomplishments, apprising the manager of critical items;
- Provides direction and guidance for program continuity and transition;
- Formulates and recommends improvements in policies and procedures for the operation;
- Identifies procedural and systemic problems and provides evaluative comments to the manager addressing the performance of the operation’s systems, processes and personnel;
- Resolves complex issues/inquiries, citing applicable tax laws when necessary, and determining the methods, techniques or customer actions used/needed to resolve difficult matters;
- Monitors programs for timeliness, efficiency, training needs, staffing requirements and operational demands.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536280000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.