WHAT IS THE Small Business/Self-Employed DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST/PROGRAM ANALYST (AIMS/ERCS) DO? As a Management and Program Analyst/Program Analyst (AIMS/ERCS) you will advise managers and professional staff on information availability, data interpretation, and the applicability of various agency wide Management Information Systems (MIS), including the Audit Information Management System (AIMS), the Examination Returns Control System (ERCS), the Summary Examination Time Transmission System (SETTS), and the Midwest Automated Compliance System (MACS). In this role, you will coordinate the development of complex and integrated automated systems that are used to provide an accurate and timely inventory of taxpayer records, manage case assignments, and assess time and work distribution. You will also be required to work with management and other system users to determine information and data needed for operational activities and to ensure effective results.
As a Management and Program Analyst/Program Analyst (AIMS/ERCS) you will:
- Conduct operational reviews and visit to analyze operations and advise groups on inventory controls, case processing, and basic group operations.
- Facilitate and oversee various reports tracking statutory information, managing case inventory by group or examiner, monitoring time applied to case activities, conducting workload reviews, and determining what type of cases need to be requested.
- Analyze various system-generated reports to provide planning, inventory, and trend analysis information.
- Monitor the Summary Examination Time Transmission System (SETTS) to ensure the timely/accurate bi-weekly input of time charges for all technical employees, validate the data, and transmit the data checking the error file resolving errors.
- Assist management and other users in reviewing, interpreting, and analyzing data provided through routine reports and SETTS data for inclusion in Fiscal Year Plans.
- Identify and resolves local systemic problems in the ERCS database, the AIMS database, and routine hardware and software problems.
- Provide technical guidance as it relates to the use of AIMS, ERCS and the other MIS components in the various operating divisions.
- Oversee ERCS and AIMS utilization and effectiveness, conducting group and user visitations as needed, documenting findings, and proposing localized programming, processing, and procedural changes.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
25% or less - 1-5 nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536274100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.