The incumbent will be assigned to the VA Pacific Islands Health Care System, Community Based Outpatient Clinic, Mental Health Service, in Hilo, Hawaii.Learn more about this agency
*A RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.*
**A 4.76 COST-OF-LIVING ALLOWANCE (COLA) WILL BE ADDED TO THE STATED SALARY RANGE.**
- Psychiatric Examinations-Patients are given prompt and thorough psychiatric examinations. Appropriate clinical, laboratory, and other pertinent data is obtained. Psychiatrist provides indicated patient follow-up or referral appropriately.
- Diagnoses-Psychiatrist interprets and evaluates clinical data for the purpose of determining clinical status and appropriate diagnoses.
- Therapeutic Ability-Provides appropriate and timely treatment. Recognizes and assesses changes in behavior, symptoms, signs, and other pertinent facts about the patients and modifies plan of treatment when indicated. Recognizes own capabilities and limitations.
- Effectiveness in Emergencies- Quickly recognizes emergency situations and takes timely necessary action including safety evaluations and suicide risk evaluations when appropriate.
- Patient Management-Develops and maintains rapport and gains the confidence of patients and their family members through competence and interpersonal skills. Involves patients and family members in developing a treatment plan.
- Consultations and Specialty Skills-Recognizes need for consultation and utilizes facility or clinic specialty skills in diagnosis and treatment.
- Recordkeeping-Documentation meets acceptable professional, program, and Joint Commission standards as determined by peer review, EPRP, and record reviews by lead professional and program manager. Comprehensive mental health assessments, Integrated Clinical Summaries, and Treatment Plans meet criteria specified in the MHS Operational Plan, JC, CARF and VHA standards.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 0730 AM - 4:00 PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536238200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.